Taking too long? Close loading screen.
Connect with us

SPORTS

Jose Mourinho Secures New Job Few Weeks After Being Sacked By Man United

Published

on

Jose Mourinho
Jose Mourinho: xclusive9ja.com

Jose Mourinho has secured his first job since being sacked as Manchester United coach after joining BeIN Sports as a pundit.

The broadcaster announced on Thursday that ‘the Special One’ will be an analyst for Chelsea’s Premier League trip to Arsenal on January 19 as well as Qatar and Saudi Arabia’s Asian Cup group-stage tie on January 17 on the Qatari channel’s broadcasts in the Middle East and North Africa.  

Mourinho was sacked by Manchester United in December after the club’s worst start to a season since 1990 and won three trophies during his two-and-a-half year tenure at Old Trafford.  

“Jose is one of the greatest football managers of all time, and we hope that his expert analysis and charismatic personality will be enjoyed by our millions of viewers,” a beIN spokesman said in a statement.  

Mourinho had been linked with a return to former club Benfica after the Lisbon giants fired coach Rui Vitoria last week, but the 55-year-old told Correio da Manha earlier on Thursday that he would not take the job. “I don’t have any intention of coming back to work in Portugal,” he told the newspaper. “I’m fine at the moment.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

HIGHLIGHTS

Highlight: WEST HAM UNITED 1 – 0 ARSENAL [PREMIER LEAGUE]

Published

on

Declan Rice

Declan Rice netted the winner as West Ham beat Arsenal in the Premier League, with Samir Nasri impressing on his league debut.
Samir Nasri impressed for West Ham as they claimed a 1-0 Premier League victory over his former club Arsenal at London Stadium on Saturday.

Nasri was making his Premier League debut for the club as he continues his comeback from an 18-month ban for receiving an intravenous treatment at a Los Angeles clinic in December 2016, contravening World Anti-Doping Agency rules.

And the former France international was a key figure for West Ham, setting up Declan Rice for the winner early in the second half.

Download Highlight Here

Continue Reading

SPORTS

The Pain Is Too Much – Andy Murray Confirms Retirement Plans In Tears

Published

on

Andy Murray
Andy Murray: xclusive9ja.com

Tennis Legend Andy Murray has announced he is set to retire this year.

The former world No 1 hopes to have one final farewell at Wimbledon, where he is a two-time champion but had to withdraw last year.

The three-time Grand Slam winner had surgery on his hip a year ago but admitted he is still far away from full fitness with the pain greatly affecting his day-to-day life.

Speaking at a press conference, the 31-year-old broke down in tears and struggled to speak as his voice cracked as he addressed a room of journalists at Melbourne Park.

“I’m not feeling good. I’ve been struggling for a long time. Been in a lot of pain for 20 months now. 

“Pretty much done everything I could to make my hip feel better. 

“Wimbledon is where I would like to stopplaying but I’m not certain I’ll be able to do that. I’m not certain I can play throughthe pain for an other four five months.”

Murray played just 14 matches in 2018 having made a long-awaited return in June after almost a year out.

Asked if he will play the Australian Open which begins on Monday, Murray added: “I’m going to play. I can still play to a level. Not a level that I’m happy playing at.

“But it’s not just that. The pain is too much really and I don’t want to continue playing that way.”

He added: “During my training block I spoke to my team and told them I can’t keep doing this. I needed to have an end point because I was sort of playing with no idea when the pain was going to stop.

“I’ve spoken to psychologists about it butnothing helps because you’re in lots and lots of pain and you can’t do what you want to do, what you love doing. It’s not enjoyable doing it anymore.”

Continue Reading

SPORTS

Alex Iwobi Is Now Nigeria’s Most Valuable Footballer

Published

on

Alex Iwobi
Alex iwobi: Xclusive9ja.com

The 22-year-old Arsenal and Super Eagles midfielder Alex Iwobi is now the most valuable Nigerian footballer. Thanks to the CIES Football Observatory, an algorithm exists to help calculate the transfer values of players from the big 5 leagues, taking into consideration their age, the length of their contract, the influence of their football club, and other factors. Iwobi, estimated to be worth an impressive €55.2 million, has dethroned Leicester’s Wilfred Ndidi as the most valuable Nigerian player.

Ndidi, who was worth €79.2 million at his peak February 2018, has dropped to €55 million, just a little behind Iwobi. The next Nigerian player on the list, though, falls a little far below: Chelsea’s Victor Moses worth €24 million.

Continue Reading

Trending